At Child’s Play Music we take safety seriously.
Contact us today to book your incursion!
Child’s Play Music has been safely delivering music incursions since 1998. No children’s activity is completely risk-free, so Child’s Play Music uses risk/benefit analysis to assess, reduce and manage risk.
All Child’s Play Music’s instruments have been carefully designed and constructed to reduce and manage risk:
- All corners have been rounded, sharp edges removed and the instruments are checked daily for damage or potential hazards.
- The drumsticks are bluntly rounded on both ends and are reinforced with cloth tape; this means that if a drumstick breaks it breaks cleanly, without sharp protrusions.
- Mouthpieces of wind instruments are washed between each child.
Child’s’ Play Music’s programs are also carefully designed to reduce and manage risk:
- During the introduction we remind children to act carefully, & to walk (not run) with drumsticks. We monitor this throughout the program.
- We have tested volume levels of the incursion with a decibel meter to ensure that they remain within safe ranges and to protect your children’s hearing.
- Throughout the program children are supervised at all times. Before each incursion we brief your staff on managing risk and monitoring children’s risk-taking behaviour so we are all working together to ensure the safest possible environment.
We are fully insured for public liability and professional indemnity, and our facilitator has a full Working With Children Check clearance and card.